The iLX-W650 is a mech-less design (no CD/DVD slot) and has a very shallow chassis that measures only 2.4-inches deep. The shallow chassis allows the system to fit into vehicles that do not have a lot of depth behind the dashboard or into other applications that require a small amount of space.
Introducing: The Swipe
A two-finger swipe motion moving up, down, left, or right will control volume up, volume down, track skip forward, and track skip back. The two-finger swipe can be done at any location on the touch screen, eliminating the need for the driver to search and touch a specific area for each command.
- Built-in Bluetooth technology for hands-free talking and audio streaming
- Bluetooth Profiles Supported:
- HFP: Hands Free Profile allows a hands-free car kit to connect to a compatible mobile phone
- PBAP: Phone Book Access Profile allows the car stereo to display the name of the incoming caller, as well as access the contact list of the mobile phone directly from the car stereo
- A2DP: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile allows high quality audio to be streamed from an audio device to the car stereo
- AVRCP: Audio/Video Remote Control Profile supports basic remote control functions (play, pause, etc) via Bluetooth
- Works with most Bluetooth enabled cell phones
- 7” anti-glare capacitive touch screen
- Audio, video and Bluetooth® feature set
- Two-finger swipe user interface
- Works with Apple CarPlay®
- Works with Android Auto™ and the Google Assistant
- Rear camera input (camera sold separately)
- FLAC/MP3/WMA/AAC/HE-AAC music playback via USB
- Compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- USB port accommodates various devices and thumb drives
- external microphone included
- Built-in amplifier (16 watts RMS/40 peak x 4 channels)
- CTA-2006 compliant
SIMPLE TO USE
JUST THE TECHNOLOGY YOU NEED
- Waze: The world’s largest community-based traffic and navigation app
- Spotify: A digital music service that gives you access to millions of songs
- Amazon Music
- Apple Music
- YouTube Music
- Facebook Messenger
The iLX-W650 “Works with Apple CarPlay” and lets iPhone users make and receive calls, access text messages, play music, and get directions in a way that allows them to stay focused on the road. Apple CarPlay is accessed through the capacitive touch screen or the mic button to activate Siri voice control and is compatible with iPhone 5 and later (iPhone must be connected via Apple lightning cable).
The iLX-W650 includes Android Auto and works with the Google Assistant (requires both a USB cable and Bluetooth® connection; requires an Android™ phone running 5.0 [Lollipop] or higher and the Android Auto app). To access the Google Assistant on Android Auto, say “OK Google” or select the mic button. Google Assistant in Android Auto allows users to play their favourite music, get driving directions to their destination, interact with smart home devices and reply to text messages – hands-free.
The iLX-W650’s shallow chassis is only 2.4” deep, so it fits into vehicles that don’t have a lot of depth behind the dashboard.